Thursday, June 24, 2010

It does a body good

Thanks for all your support the other day through my funk. I'm better now! =) I didn't walk the other day like I had planned, but did yoga/stretching/deep breathing instead. It helped me to refocus. I think the problem is not getting enough activity through out the day. By the end of the night, I'm tired, but only mentally. It's been frustrating. But now that I know what's causing by funk, I can plan and prepare myself.

Like today: Sat in the basement of the hospital all day (until 9pm!) going through patient charts trying to find stupid numbers and figures. But...unlike before, I knew that sitting down all day in the tiny cubicle surrounded by other tiny cubicles and horrible florescent lighting would make me antsy. So I took myself to the gym for that walk I promised myself. I ended up walking for an hour and went a little over 3 miles. Bonus: I earned 4 AP! It felt great to exercise again. I forgot what a rush it is. At the beginning I felt like I want to try jogging, but I'm glad I didn't. The hour long walk was plenty for my non-exercising body. I plan to walk for an hour for the next 4 days until my C25K plan starts on Monday. =)

The down side to today was that I did not eat like I was supposed to. I accidentally skipped breakfast because I was running around trying to get out the door and forgetting half my stuff in the process. Then, I got wrapped up in getting all the research stuff squared away and talking with my research partner that I didn't eat anything until 4pm. Luckily, I brought healthy snacks (yay, go me), but it would have been better to eat every 3-4 hours. Oh well, live and learn. Tomorrow (/today since it's after 2am) will be better. I'm planning on bring my lunch and snacks tomorrow to eat throughout my glorious, research-filled day and then come home and go walking again.

I hope everyone had a fabulous day and will have a fantastic tomorrow! Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to know I'm not only talking to myself ;-)

Oh, and tomorrow I will post about the amazing award Pam gave me, so stay tuned!

Peace out,

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope the bleeding has completely stopped as well.
    It's a small step from walking to the C25K plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have an insane schedule! Good luck on your 5K and glad you survived your funk. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my what is beauty post. My phone erased all of the email before I could respond. I appreciate your support...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah. What's wrong with talking to yourself?

    ReplyDelete