Friday, June 18, 2010

Not so good

Sorry this is a late post...wait, what am I saying? I always post at 4, 5, 6 in the morning.

Anyway, I was planning on another post topic, but that's just going to have to wait because all I can think about is the fact that last night (~11pm) I started bleeding due to the surgery I had 8 days ago. It's got me kinda freaked out even though I'm sure it's normal or some healing process mumbo-jumbo. But I'm going to be on the phone with my doctor at 9 AM sharp just to make sure. In an odd way it makes me thankful that I actually listened to the post-op instructions and did not start working out or running until I get the go-ahead.

But before that awful turn to my day, I had an overall okay day. Stayed OP, drank tons of water and tea, and met all of my daily guidelines (with the exception of activity). My dinner was fabulous. I am in love with Boca burgers! I had one with 2% cheese, those sandwich thins I'm also a fan of, and loaded with veggies and hot peppers. And on the side I had steamed broccoli, carrots, and red and yellow bell peppers. Ab Fab!

More stressors- I have lost the ability to connect to the hospital's network from my apartment and therefore cannot do my research (which I'm really behind in) from home. It's all a big mess. I spent a couple of hours on the phone today talking to three separate IT departments. None of them could really help me until I got to the last guy who told me that I had to reapply for a security clearance yadda-yadda-yadda. Ugh!

So, I should have written this post before 11pm because then it would have been the awesome, upbeat post I was planning and excited to write. However, you'll just have to wait for tomorrow/later today to read it. And I'll probably let you know that my little freak out moment was for nothing, but when anything happens after a surgery you tend to be more easily spooked.

Hope y'all had a better day, Peace out

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you followed the post-op instructions. I hope everything turns out ok. Try not to get so discouraged this early in the game. It's great that you are managing to get all of your fluids in on a daily basis. That will really help you feel full and stay hydrated! I'm getting antsy about starting my couch-5k program next Monday, but I'm starting to walk more everynight and hope to be ready to go on Monday night. It was fun ichatting with you the other night. It felt like an episode of the Jetsons! Peace-out, Elroy!~ Mom

    ReplyDelete