Thursday, June 17, 2010

My running shoes are mocking me


Fluids update: Drank 2L instead of the 1.5L I made as my goal. Go me!

That might sound simple and elementary, but it takes a lot of effort for me to drink that much. Besides having iced tea at restaurants, I don't really drink that much during the day. I definitely couldn't have done it without my super-duper water bottle complete with massive straw and measurement increments printed on the side. It was a lot easier to drink that much water out of the straw, so maybe that's my new secret.

Overall today was a good OP day. With one major happening--I fell in love with sandwich thins. They're only 1 point! Perfect for my boca burgers, garden burgers, tuna salad (with low fat mayo and tons of relish), basically everything!


But the real reason for the post is because my running shoes are mocking me. They're staring at me, taunting me, teasing me, and reminding me that I can't start my running program yet. *Sigh* I know I have to be careful because I just had surgery. But with all this momentum to get healthy it's hard to not think about starting to run again, how long it will take me to get back into shape, which races I want to sign up for, making a training schedule, etc. I have running mania!
So I actually spent time and made a training schedule that starts off following the Couch to 5K program and ends up with me running a few half marathons in February/March of 2011. Yes, the training schedule is a year-long. Yes, you can call me crazy. I have running mania!

So my mom is going to start running on the same program on the same day but in a different city. It will be interesting to see how we both do. I usually enjoy running with other people as long as they're not out of my league. And fortunately, for some reason, running seems to come naturally to me. Unfortunately, I haven't stayed with it for any great length of time....until now.

So I start the running program on Monday, June 28th and encourage anyone out there in the blogosphere to join me. I'm planning a few 5Ks around September, 10Ks in October, 8M Turkey Trot (November), 15K Jog'r Egg Nog'r (December), and half marathons in February and March. I also hope to make the BolderBOULDER in May. I went and watched my dad run it a couple of years ago and have wanted to go back to complete it myself ever since. It's a 10K in Boulder, CO so the elevation and terrain is what's going to get me if I actually get to run it. But that's way in the future.

So yeah, that's me. I want to run, but can't. And I have yet to go over my DP (daily points), yay! =)

Peace out

4 comments:

  1. Wow..several things..first..take care of yourself..the running can happen when you've healed.

    Also, check you out! You not only set a goal for yourself with water, but you plowed right through it victoriously..that is a very big deal.

    I love sandwich thins too..they're one point of yummy goodness. :) Have you seen the 1 point bagel flats? They're also ridiculously delicious. :)

    Keep up the good work you're doing now...it sounds like you've got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those your running shoes? how cute! :)
    Try to get a very clear picture of this enthusiasm of yours! I know it's frustrating not to be able to run now, but think of the satisfaction and liberation you'll feel when you finally get to!

    (PS: postcrossing is an online project you can find here: http://www.postcrossing.com/ it's basically about exchanging postcards with strangers all over the world - you never know where your next card will be from and you get random addresses! I love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard about bagel flats yet, but they sound magical! Thanks for letting me know. They're going on my shopping list =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I have not heard of either and I'm dying to try them. Is it one point for each flat? Keep up the good work and stay motivated! I know you can't exercise for another week, but use this time to get acclimated to smaller portions, your points, etc. It's easy to lose weight without exercising, as long as you watch and journal your intake, but it's MUCH easier to lose weight when you couple that with consistent exercise. I walked 2 miles with your brother last night. We agreed to do it a few more times and then I will start my couch-5k program. Much love and luck, Mom

    ReplyDelete