Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thunderstorms

I love thunderstorms! They're magically delicious. And sexy! We didn't get thunderstorms in SoCal and I missed them. My favorite is to sit on my patio and watch them roll in. I love to watch the display of power and electricity in the air. I love the smell and palpable excitement. And I love the way they make me feel like I'm home. I'm right where I'm supposed to me. When I look into my future, I see myself on a huge wrap-around porch in my favorite rocking chair watching thunderstorms roll in--and that scene always makes me smile.

But enough about the sexy rain, let's talk about me! Today for brunch I made a fabulous concoction of egg substitute, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, jalapenos, and Morning Star fake-meat breakfast sausage. Served with fruit and toast and *bam*, there's  brunch! It was fabulous!

I'm still trying to get all my water in. It's harder than I thought it was going to be, but hopefully it will soon get better.

My C25K (Couch to 5K) training starts a week from tomorrow and I'm really excited for it. I think I might start walking tomorrow (not too intense) just to get my body used to moving again. Isn't that sad? I have to oil all my rusty joints and slowly get my body used to being used again. I hope to never be in this position again. From now on, I hope to always maintain some sort of exercise/activity daily so my body never has another chance of becoming dysfunctional from non-use.

I'm super behind in my research =/ so I gotta run off and finish some more before the network kicks me out at 2am. Then I have to tidy up because my friends that are moving tomorrow are coming over for one last breakfast together. *Tear* I'm going to miss them.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and a Happy Father's Day! I have the best fathers in the world, I hope you do too!

Peace out,

4 comments:

  1. I love thunderstorms too! :D Even though I used to love them more when they didn't prevent me from going running :/
    I think I'll copy your coloured-stars system! Can I? It looks like a great way to keep oneself accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I like the star system too. It's a nice non-food way of rewarding myself for being on top of my business. =) I'm glad you like it. That's why I post tons of pictures. So I can share and borrow ideas from all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to give yourself a star for that scrumptious breakfast! Try the morning star maple flavored sausage, chicken patty, and the Italian sausage.

    I love the smell of thunderstorms too. I like to crawl into bed pop in a movie and fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete